Are you doing work or volunteering on your own with those who are blind or visually impaired? Are you giving time to the elderly? If the answer is yes to either, you are doing service hours for the Foundation!
When you complete service hours please fill out the form below so we can record them for both our local alumnae chapter and for the foundation!
Local Service Opportunities:
- Blind and Vision Rehabilitation Services of Pittsburgh
- Pennsylvania Association for the Blind
- Western Pennsylvania School for Blind Children
- Pittsburgh Penguins Blind Ice Hockey/Envision Blind Sports
- Carnegie Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
- St. Lucy’s Auxiliary to the Blind
- Golden Triangle Council of the Blind
- Pets for Vets – Pittsburgh Chapter
- Canine Service Pals
- Volunteer Read Aloud Program with Seniors (Grand Residence Wed 11-1145, or Friendship Village Fridays 3-345)
Volunteer Service Hours Form
Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey each time you volunteer!
- Foundation Awareness hours: Increasing our member’s knowledge of the DG Foundation, eye health, visual impairments & sight preservation through learning activities.
- Service for Sight hours: Time spent volunteering “hands on” assistance to those who are blind or visually impaired. (Examples – volunteering at Blind and Vision Rehabilitation Services of Pittsburgh or participating in VisionWalk, etc)
- Golden Anchor service hours: Time spent volunteering on a consistent basis (weekly/monthly/quarterly) through activities that bring support and enjoyment to senior citizens residing in a healthcare facility.
- Joining Forces service hours: Time spent volunteering and working with military persons who are blind or visually impaired.